The Chair for Information Security at the Ruhr University Bochum has multiple open positions for PhD students and postdoctoral researchers in the area of system & information security, particularly (but not limited to) those specializing in:
– Blockchain security and privacy: we explore how to improve the security and privacy of cryptocurrencies and modern blockchain platforms while enhancing their performance and scalability.
– Platform/Storage security: we explore how to make use of hardware support to improve the security and privacy of platforms.
Do you have a solid background in blockchain technologies, or security/privacy concepts? Are you excited about building highly performant secure systems? If so, I’d like to hear from you.
If you are interested in applying, please send us an email (email@example.com) with your current CV and a description of why you think you are a good fit. We review applications on a rolling basis.
The Chair for Information Security (InfSec) is seeking multiple motivated and talented scientific assistants (WHB) to support our research in the areas of blockchain security and/or Trusted Execution Environment (TEE) security.
+ general background in system and IT security
+ interest in blockchain systems/cryptocurrencies
+ enrolled student in the IT security master study program
+ programming experience with at least one programming language (preferably Java/Golang)
+ independent and reliable way of working
Working minimum 8 hours/week (negotiable)
Initially, your employment will be limited to 6 months, even though a longer employment is desired.
If you are interested, please send us (firstname.lastname@example.org) a short CV.
The chair of Information Security is seeking students to assist us with teaching the System Security course in the upcoming semester.
We are offering:
– part-time employment as student assistant (SHK – 12,10€ / h) or research assistant (WHB – 14€ / h) (without or with bachelor degree)
– hourly basis of at least 4 – 6 hours per week – more is possible by arrangement
– free arrangement of working hours
– flexible working place: use of a workroom or home office possible
– writing and correcting the weekly homework
– answering questions in the Moodle forum
– other work such as assisting in the supervision of exams
– successful completion of the module System Security or good academic performance if System Security is not part of your curriculum
– experience in using the Moodle eLearning system (desirable)
– organized and structured way of working
– programming experience in Python (desirable)
If you are interested or have any questions, please send an informal email to email@example.com including a current Transcript of Records!